Cindy Nasky

DSC_2066-2Preservation Services Director

cnasky@coloradopreservation.org
(303) 893-4260 x236

Cindy began her studies at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, where she earned an undergraduate degree in design and a minor in art history. After moving across the country, she continued her studies at Colorado State University, pursuing a Master’s degree in Historic Preservation and Public History. Immediately following graduation, she worked as staff preservationist for the Miami Purchase Preservation Fund, a Cincinnati based non-profit that focused on restoring historic inner-city properties for low-income housing. From there, she returned to Colorado to work for the Colorado Historical Society’s fledgling State Historical Fund. During her four years on staff at the Fund, she worked with potential applicants to create “fundable” work plans and budgets.

After the arrival of her first child, she continued to work in the preservation arena as a privately contracted grants writer and preservation project manager while volunteering on Golden’s Historic Preservation Board. She also served as board member, and ultimately as President, of the Friends of the Astor House and Clear Creek History Park in Golden. Since 2005, she has worked part-time with the Colorado Historical Foundation as the Easement Administrator.

Cindy resides in Golden with her husband, Mark, and two teenage sons, Drew (18) and Jack (16).

 

Donate to CPI

We hope you will extend your appreciation for Colorado's past into an investment in its future by making a tax-deductible gift today.

Featured Project

4 Bar 4 Ranch

Homesteaded in 1895 by Dick McQueary to provide a stop for the Georgetown Stage Line, the 320-acre 4 Bar 4 Ranch has strong ties to Grand County and Colorado's heritage. The Georgetown Stage Line traveled on the road through the 4 Bar 4 Ranch from Idaho Springs to Hot Sulphur Springs over Berthoud Pass. In 1895 a roadhouse and stage stop were constructed on the ranch. The hotel and barn were constructed using trees from the Ranch property, and the hotel remained open for travelers coming over Berthoud Pass by horseback and wagon until 1913. With the coming of the automobile, the roadway over Berthoud Pass and through the 4 Bar 4 Ranch was considered an integral part of the Trans-Continental “Midland Trail” highway. Following the closing of the stage line, the ranch continued to host travelers until 1912 or 1913 when it was purchased and converted into a Ford Motor Company . Ford vehicles were sold here until 1917, when Harry Larkin purchased the ranch site. Today emergency efforts are underway to ensure it survives through the winter. Donations are in need. To learn more, contact Jennifer Orrigo Charles at jorrigocharlges@coloradopreservation.org.

Join our Email List