Kim Grant

KimGrantEndangered Places Program Director

kgrant@coloradopreservation.org
(303) 893-4260 x222

Kim Grant was appointed the Endangered Places Program Director in May 2017. Mr. Grant received a Master of Public Administration (MPA) degree from Wichita State University in 1989 and a B.A. in History from Fort Hays State University in 1980. He has 36 years’ experience in teaching, state and local government service, and non-profit development and management.

Mr. Grant formerly worked for the Kansas Main Street Program, Denver Public Library, Lower Downtown (Lodo) District, Inc., Historic Denver, Inc., City of Arvada and the Arvada Historical Society. He is an accomplished free lance writer and public speaker. He particularly enjoys traveling the state of Colorado and meeting and working with people on their challenging preservation projects. He believes that the key to successful preservation efforts lies in sound planning, strong community support, and the ability to communicate the benefits of project implementation to funders and stakeholders.

Donate to CPI

We hope you will extend your appreciation for Colorado's past into an investment in its future by making a tax-deductible gift today.

Featured Project

4 Bar 4 Ranch

Homesteaded in 1895 by Dick McQueary to provide a stop for the Georgetown Stage Line, the 320-acre 4 Bar 4 Ranch has strong ties to Grand County and Colorado's heritage. The Georgetown Stage Line traveled on the road through the 4 Bar 4 Ranch from Idaho Springs to Hot Sulphur Springs over Berthoud Pass. In 1895 a roadhouse and stage stop were constructed on the ranch. The hotel and barn were constructed using trees from the Ranch property, and the hotel remained open for travelers coming over Berthoud Pass by horseback and wagon until 1913. With the coming of the automobile, the roadway over Berthoud Pass and through the 4 Bar 4 Ranch was considered an integral part of the Trans-Continental “Midland Trail” highway. Following the closing of the stage line, the ranch continued to host travelers until 1912 or 1913 when it was purchased and converted into a Ford Motor Company . Ford vehicles were sold here until 1917, when Harry Larkin purchased the ranch site. Today emergency efforts are underway to ensure it survives through the winter. Donations are in need. To learn more, contact Jennifer Orrigo Charles at jorrigocharlges@coloradopreservation.org.

Join our Email List