Megan Concannon

MeganEvents, Development and
Membership Director
(303) 893-4260 x230

Megan is a Colorado native and a graduate of Colorado State University where she earned a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, with a concentration in marketing, and a Bachelor of Arts in Communications. After completing her undergraduate degrees she accepted a position as the Communications and Events Coordinator for the Community Foundation of Northern Colorado, a public foundation working to build a better future for the community through endowment funds. In her time at the Community Foundation, Megan worked closely with donors and nonprofits in the Northern Colorado community supporting the Foundation’s mission to build a more engaged, philanthropic, and visionary community. Megan managed the Foundation’s social media and website, coordinated the development of its hard copy and email marketing communications, and planned all Foundation events. In addition, she managed the organization’s internship program, recruiting and mentoring student interns from Colorado State University. Megan is also a graduate of Leadership Fort Collins, a program of the Fort Collins Area Chamber of Commerce that enhances leadership skills and encourages community involvement. Megan joined the Colorado Preservation, Inc. team in June of 2015 and is excited to work to build a future with historic places.



Donate to CPI

We hope you will extend your appreciation for Colorado's past into an investment in its future by making a tax-deductible gift today.

Featured Project

4 Bar 4 Ranch

Homesteaded in 1895 by Dick McQueary to provide a stop for the Georgetown Stage Line, the 320-acre 4 Bar 4 Ranch has strong ties to Grand County and Colorado's heritage. The Georgetown Stage Line traveled on the road through the 4 Bar 4 Ranch from Idaho Springs to Hot Sulphur Springs over Berthoud Pass. In 1895 a roadhouse and stage stop were constructed on the ranch. The hotel and barn were constructed using trees from the Ranch property, and the hotel remained open for travelers coming over Berthoud Pass by horseback and wagon until 1913. With the coming of the automobile, the roadway over Berthoud Pass and through the 4 Bar 4 Ranch was considered an integral part of the Trans-Continental “Midland Trail” highway. Following the closing of the stage line, the ranch continued to host travelers until 1912 or 1913 when it was purchased and converted into a Ford Motor Company . Ford vehicles were sold here until 1917, when Harry Larkin purchased the ranch site. Today emergency efforts are underway to ensure it survives through the winter. Donations are in need. To learn more, contact Jennifer Orrigo Charles at

Join our Email List