September 14-16, 2012
Mark your calendars so you don’t miss this fun and educational weekend for history buffs and those curious about Leadville and Lake County’s colorful and wild past!
Friday, September 14, 2012
– Welcome session by former Leadville Mayor, Bud Elliot
– Tour of CMC campus and slideshow of the Old Stage Road
– Tour of Hayden Ranch by two Hayden Ranch experts
– Trip to the Old Stage Road interpretive signs along the Arkansas River
Saturday, September 15, 2012
– Tour the Mining District
– Picnic at the National Hall of Fame and Mining Museum
– Tour of Evergreen Cemetery
– Tour of Delaware Hotel or Healy House and Dexter Cabin
– Performance by Madams of Central Colorado and dinner at the Delaware Hotel
Sunday, September 15, 2012
– Tour of Hopemore Mine (600 feet down!)
– Rockhounding in the Mining District
– Grab and Go Lunch
For more information
For more information on the event or local lodging, contact Colorado Mountain College at 719-486-4258, or visit their website.
Click here to download the event brochure.