On the Road 2011 in the South Park National Heritage Area
Experience True Mountain Heritage
On The Road 2011 (September 9-11) celebrated the preservation of our valuable buildings, history and landscapes in the South Park National Heritage Area plus the preservationists who do the work. If you wish to visit South Park NHA, please visit and support our heritage partners.
- M-Lazy-C Ranch, a family owned working cattle ranch outside Lake George
- Tarryall Road, recently nominated to be a Rural Historic Landscape District. Sparsely populated but full of points important to Colorado’s history.
- Como Roundhouse, Depot and Hotel
- Como Depot Eating House
- Steven Veatch, GeoScience and historian explaining the mining history of Alma
- Paris Mill and Arrastra above Alma
- Chad Watkins, Tin Pan Prospector Outfitters & gold panner
- Fairplay’s Oddfellows Hall on Front St.
- Fairplay Valiton Hotel, 500 Main St., on the National Register of Historic Hotels
- Rocky Mountain Land Library at Buffalo Peaks Ranch on highway 9 at Garo
- Como Cemetery
- South Park Plein Air Arts Celebration
- Shawnee Tea Room on a hilltop overlooking the Platte Canyon and Highway 285 in the Shawnee Historic District.
QUESTIONS ABOUT On The Road? Call or email Susan Livingston email@example.com CPI: 303-893-4260; Cell: 720-480-8762