Mark Notestine, former CPI Treasurer, Remembered

The Colorado Preservation community is deeply saddened by the passing of Mark Notestine on April 16th.  A former Colorado Preservation Board member, Mark was a true advocate for preservation and was actively involved in revitalizing his adopted hometown of Greeley.

Mark joined the CPI Board as Treasurer in early 1997 and made substantial improvements to operations by improving  financial reporting systems and fundraising efforts.  Mark recruited fellow Greeley resident Linde Thompson to the CPI board when his own term expired, so we have him to thank for the many contributions of both Linde and her husband (and current Board Member) Ron.

Mark’s death is a significant loss for our community. Mark’s heart was genuine and his energy boundless. We should all aspire to touch as many lives and inspire as many people as Mark did.

This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

Donate to CPI

We hope you will extend your appreciation for Colorado's past into an investment in its future by making a tax-deductible gift today.

Featured Project

4 Bar 4 Ranch

Homesteaded in 1895 by Dick McQueary to provide a stop for the Georgetown Stage Line, the 320-acre 4 Bar 4 Ranch has strong ties to Grand County and Colorado's heritage. The Georgetown Stage Line traveled on the road through the 4 Bar 4 Ranch from Idaho Springs to Hot Sulphur Springs over Berthoud Pass. In 1895 a roadhouse and stage stop were constructed on the ranch. The hotel and barn were constructed using trees from the Ranch property, and the hotel remained open for travelers coming over Berthoud Pass by horseback and wagon until 1913. With the coming of the automobile, the roadway over Berthoud Pass and through the 4 Bar 4 Ranch was considered an integral part of the Trans-Continental “Midland Trail” highway. Following the closing of the stage line, the ranch continued to host travelers until 1912 or 1913 when it was purchased and converted into a Ford Motor Company . Ford vehicles were sold here until 1917, when Harry Larkin purchased the ranch site. Today emergency efforts are underway to ensure it survives through the winter. Donations are in need. To learn more, contact Jennifer Orrigo Charles at jorrigocharlges@coloradopreservation.org.

Join our Email List