Buffalo Creek, CO
Date of Construction
The Blue Jay Inn was constructed in the 1880s in Buffalo Creek as a boarding house for lumbermen. It became a lodge for tourists with the arrival of the railroad. In the early 1900s it became a retreat for girls. It was reopened as an inn and restaurant in 1947, and operated until the late 1990s.
The current owner hopes that the inn can be reopened as a community gathering place. Colorado Preservation, Inc. is worked with the owner’s representatives to complete a Historic Structure Assessment and market analysis/reuse plan in 2006. Currently, the property is under rehabilitation.
Financed in part through a grant from the State Historical Fund.