Endangered Properties FOR SALE

Over the years many of Colorado Preservation, Inc’s Endangered Properties have been listed for sale.  Many times the future of these buildings lies in the hope that a sympathetic buyer mindful of preservation will invest in these buildings.  Check back here for the latest Endangered Properties for sale.Current Listings

Image result for ute theater saguache

Ute Theatre: 410 4th St Downtown Saguache

The Ute Theatre was built in 1916 and over the years it has served as a livery stable, garage, and blacksmith shop.  In 1930 Ross Labart bought the building and converted it to the Ute Theatre.  The theatre retains its Art Deco style seats from the late-1930s/early-1940s and its 1930 Manley Aristocrat popcorn machine.  Extensive renovations have been done over the years to include plumbing and electrical.

Own a piece of history and a place of community pride right in the heart of downtown Saguache.

Contact Christine 970-596-4521 for more information

http://www.theutetheatre.com/

Donate to CPI

We hope you will extend your appreciation for Colorado's past into an investment in its future by making a tax-deductible gift today.

Featured Project

4 Bar 4 Ranch

Homesteaded in 1895 by Dick McQueary to provide a stop for the Georgetown Stage Line, the 320-acre 4 Bar 4 Ranch has strong ties to Grand County and Colorado's heritage. The Georgetown Stage Line traveled on the road through the 4 Bar 4 Ranch from Idaho Springs to Hot Sulphur Springs over Berthoud Pass. In 1895 a roadhouse and stage stop were constructed on the ranch. The hotel and barn were constructed using trees from the Ranch property, and the hotel remained open for travelers coming over Berthoud Pass by horseback and wagon until 1913. With the coming of the automobile, the roadway over Berthoud Pass and through the 4 Bar 4 Ranch was considered an integral part of the Trans-Continental “Midland Trail” highway. Following the closing of the stage line, the ranch continued to host travelers until 1912 or 1913 when it was purchased and converted into a Ford Motor Company . Ford vehicles were sold here until 1917, when Harry Larkin purchased the ranch site. Today emergency efforts are underway to ensure it survives through the winter. Donations are in need. To learn more, contact Jennifer Orrigo Charles at jorrigocharlges@coloradopreservation.org.

Join our Email List