Saving Places Conference

Colorado Preservation, Inc. held its first historic preservation conference in 1985. The purpose of the conference was to promote the education and networking of individuals interested in historic preservation. The success of the first conference demonstrated a significant interest in gathering preservation professionals on an annual basis.

The Saving Places Conference is a dynamic four-day event that features high-quality educational content and networking opportunities for individuals interested in historic preservation. The event is designed to provide engaging, varied content that will equip attendees with knowledge and tools they can integrate into their work and communities.

2017 is an important year for Colorado Preservation, Inc.we’ll celebrate the 20th anniversary of both the Saving Places Conference and the Most Endangered Places Program. Additionally, in collaboration with Clarion Associates with funding support by the History Colorado State Historical Fund, we’ll release the 2016/2017 update and expansion of The Economic Benefits of Historic Preservation in Colorado.

Click here to learn more about the 2017 event, scheduled for Feb. 1- 4 at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver!

 

Donate to CPI

We hope you will extend your appreciation for Colorado's past into an investment in its future by making a tax-deductible gift today.

Featured Project

4 Bar 4 Ranch

Homesteaded in 1895 by Dick McQueary to provide a stop for the Georgetown Stage Line, the 320-acre 4 Bar 4 Ranch has strong ties to Grand County and Colorado's heritage. The Georgetown Stage Line traveled on the road through the 4 Bar 4 Ranch from Idaho Springs to Hot Sulphur Springs over Berthoud Pass. In 1895 a roadhouse and stage stop were constructed on the ranch. The hotel and barn were constructed using trees from the Ranch property, and the hotel remained open for travelers coming over Berthoud Pass by horseback and wagon until 1913. With the coming of the automobile, the roadway over Berthoud Pass and through the 4 Bar 4 Ranch was considered an integral part of the Trans-Continental “Midland Trail” highway. Following the closing of the stage line, the ranch continued to host travelers until 1912 or 1913 when it was purchased and converted into a Ford Motor Company . Ford vehicles were sold here until 1917, when Harry Larkin purchased the ranch site. Today emergency efforts are underway to ensure it survives through the winter. Donations are in need. To learn more, contact Jennifer Orrigo Charles at jorrigocharlges@coloradopreservation.org.

Join our Email List