Year Listed: 2002
County: Jefferson County
Construction Date: 1909
Threat When Listed: Demolition by Neglect – Vacant
A local landmark in North Fork National Historic District, the Post Office was established in 1909, and also served as a train depot until 1927. Located near the Colorado Trail, over 300,000 visitors pass by this log structure, which is the last remaining post office building in the valley, and one of the few log-constructed post offices in the state.
Colorado Preservation, Inc., in partnership with the Jefferson County Historical Commission, wrote a successful application to the National Park Service Rivers, Trails & Conservation Assistance Program for help in developing a plan for the larger historic district. Denver Water has offered to donate the building to a nonprofit group that would move the Post Office from its current location and complete the needed rehabilitation work, but to date, no agreement has been reached.