Most Endangered Places: Saved!

The success of the Endangered Places Program is a result of the dedicated efforts of concerned citizens, legislators, local governments, commercial businesses, organizations, and foundations.  Each site was faced with different challenges and often extreme preservation measures that lead to its reclassification as a “save.”

Colorado Preservation, Inc is honored to list the following 33 buildings as “saved” thanks to the tireless dedication and efforts of individuals whose continuous efforts pushed the projects forward.

Click on a building to learn the details of its individual preservation story. 
Beaumont Home SAVED Bradford Perley

Beaumont Home (2004)

Bradford Perley House (2002)

100_1959 IMG_2975 024

Chimney Rock (2008)

City Ditch (2003)

civic.center.205 20_MG_2289

Civic Center (2007)

Colorado Capitol Dome (2010)

Picture1 cripple

Como Depot (2006)

Cripple Creek (1998)

IMG_0970 SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA

Daniels School (2006)

Downtown Greeley (2000)

durango discovery

emma

Durango Powerhouse (2000)

Emma Store (2000)

evans school IMG_2446-1

Evans School (2000)

Georgetown School (2006)

grand view Grant Avenue Church SAVED

Grandview Terrace Neighborhood (1999)

Grant Ave Church (2002)

420 Copy of P1060624

Handy Chapel (2011)

Hanger 61 (2005)

flume 5

Hanging Flume (1999)

Hutchinson Homestead (2003)

save

Kennedy/Mancos Grain Elevator (2013)

Lewis Mill (1998)

Thomasville Lime Kilns manitou

Lime Kilns (2001)

Manitou Springs Spa (2000)

gold IMG_3065

Original Gold Hill Town Site (2000)

Pillars of P.O.W Camp 202 (2005)

epp_98_04_current Yankee Girl Mine

Preston Farm (1998)

Red Mountain Mining District  (1999)

Redstone_redstonecastle Pic 2

Redstone Castle (2004)

Rialto Theater (2008)

rock san rafael

Rock Creek Stage Stop (2000)

San Rafael Church (2001)

satank Shield Rock Art Site SAVED

Satank Bridge (2003)

Shield Rock Art Site (2001)

epp_01_09_update
toltec

Studzinkski Block (2001)

Toltec Hotel (1998)

Donate to CPI

We hope you will extend your appreciation for Colorado's past into an investment in its future by making a tax-deductible gift today.

Featured Project

4 Bar 4 Ranch

Homesteaded in 1895 by Dick McQueary to provide a stop for the Georgetown Stage Line, the 320-acre 4 Bar 4 Ranch has strong ties to Grand County and Colorado's heritage. The Georgetown Stage Line traveled on the road through the 4 Bar 4 Ranch from Idaho Springs to Hot Sulphur Springs over Berthoud Pass. In 1895 a roadhouse and stage stop were constructed on the ranch. The hotel and barn were constructed using trees from the Ranch property, and the hotel remained open for travelers coming over Berthoud Pass by horseback and wagon until 1913. With the coming of the automobile, the roadway over Berthoud Pass and through the 4 Bar 4 Ranch was considered an integral part of the Trans-Continental “Midland Trail” highway. Following the closing of the stage line, the ranch continued to host travelers until 1912 or 1913 when it was purchased and converted into a Ford Motor Company . Ford vehicles were sold here until 1917, when Harry Larkin purchased the ranch site. Today emergency efforts are underway to ensure it survives through the winter. Donations are in need. To learn more, contact Jennifer Orrigo Charles at jorrigocharlges@coloradopreservation.org.

Join our Email List